Wenatchee Athletics Coaches Corner
High School Seasonal Coaches Meetings
- Athletic Department Contacts / Job Descriptions
- Clearance - Attendance - Awards
- Leanne- Coaches Compliance
- Deb - Officials, Schedule posted, Transportation, PO's, Hotel Stays
- Coaches Compliance
- First Aid / CPR
- Clock Hours
- Save Schools (5 modules)
- Permission to Drive
- WIAA (rules Clinic, Concussion)
- Volunteers cleared (Must be 21 years of age)
- Sports Program Information/Updates
- Coach email and cell phone contacts
- Emergency Cards
- Big 9 passes
- Cell Phone
- Kids - sticky note on my door
- Awards Night
- Sport Rules
- Rule Book
- League SOP's
- WIAA Rules
- Coaches Expectations
- Out of Season Coaching
- Open Gym
- Co-Curricular Contract
- All events follow WIAA expectations and protocols
- Ejections / Protests / Refuse to play
- Bench expectations and guidelines (liability and WIAA)
- Clearance w/Office
- Eligibility w/ BJ
- Academic Progress / Green Card
- If inelgible (no uniform, no out of school time)
- Music @ Practice / Games
- Machine must be utilized by Coach or delegated person (manager/player)
- Music CD must be listened to completely by the coach and signed on the CD.
- Coach is responsible for intent and messages being played by your program. (all public settings)
- Supervision of Athletes
- Locker room
- After practice
- Road Trips
- In the school/facility when NOT playing
- Supervision at all times
- Coaches Children at practice and games
- Communication with athletes
- All kids should know why they are/are not playing.
- Give/provide specifics
- Create an atmosphere that helps kids speak to you directly.
- Talk to kids only about them, not anyone else.
- Don't be alone, not in your home, etc.
- Communication with parents
- Do not talk about anyone other than their kid.
- Have a communication plan
- Weather Related situations
- Managing Conflicting Schedules
- Band / Choir / Theater / Etc.
- Support kids in their interests
- Facility Management
- What are you doing to make our facility better?
- What are you doing to take care of our visitors facility?
- Having a clean, nice, respectful facility is ALL of our responsibility.
- Lock doors / lights out
- Work orders to BJ
- Out of School Time, Leave Time - check, double check
- Refer kids to the website - don't give the info unless you are POSITIVE
- 1 week in advance if possible
- Keep kids with a coach when you travel (restaurants)
- School board policy in reference to coaches and alcohol when traveling
- Procedure for leaving the Wenatchee Valley on a school trip. (in or out of school time)
- School Bus (2:05 to eastmont, return communications)
- Charter (mini-47-55 and cost)
- Suburban (safety) and return of suburban. * Accident protocol
- BJ will present to your sport
- Coach needs to follow up 3-5 days after BJ presents.
- What happens when we DON'T? Student list
- Test Make ups / Homework communications to kids/parents
- Take daily all season.
- Contact parent for kids that "don't show"
/ Emergencies / Parent Challenges
- Inform BJ (email is good)
- Don't ever talk about other kids
- Protect yourself (have another adult present)
- Discipline in private (praise in public)
22. Promotion of Program
- 24 hours after contest report to notebook (save hassel)
- Text / email BJ how your team is doing. ** Parent Newsletter**
- KPQ Panther Report on Thursdays 2:00-3:00
23 Dress Code
24. Practice Schedule
First 2 weeks
- Provide Athletic Office - Holidays - Will be posted
- Need to follow (especially all NON VARSITY)
25. Making Teams
- DATA, DATA, DATA
26. End of Season
1. Keys Returned
2. Uniforms Returned